A unique career opportunity has arisen to become a key member of Complete Fertility Centre Southampton, a privately operated centre treating private and NHS patients, based at the Princess Anne Hospital. We are seeking to add a talented and experienced fertility nurse or fertility midwife to our team on a fixed term basis.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- To work alongside the clinicians and specialist fertility nurses at Complete Fertility Centre Southampton, Bournemouth and/or Portsmouth to provide optimal and safe fertility care for our patients.
- To develop a satisfactory level of clinical competence in assisted reproductive technology (ART) skills in order to be an autonomous fertility nurse practitioner and actively deliver care to our patients.
- Where appropriately qualified, to undertake ultrasound examinations and provide a detailed diagnostic report as required.
- When appropriately qualified, to carry out embryo transfers.
- When appropriately qualified, to carry out intra uterine inseminations.
- To assist in theatre for egg collections, embryo transfers, hycosys and surgical sperm retrievals.
- To work in the recovery bay, looking after patients pre and post anaesthetic.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a registered nurse or registered midwife
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in nursing female patients
- Have excellent communication skills
- Must be a team player and able to manage workload autonomously
Our service offers a full range of diagnosis and assisted conception treatments including preconception health care, IUI, IVF and ICSI.
The successful candidate will have a key role in the success of the Centre. He/she will be responsible for the daily management and delivery of care to couples under highly emotional circumstances, undertake one to one patient consultations, assist in oocyte retrieval, embryo transfer and perform IUI.
Experience as a fertility nurse or in women’s health is preferable, but we are also interested in applications from junior nurses with the motivation to learn via our in house training programme. Versatility, flexibility, initiative and attention to detail are essential.
We would welcome interest from other Virtus nursing staff.
About Complete Fertility Centre
Originally established in 2010, Complete Fertility joined the family of Virtus Health fertility clinics in 2018. We are a close-knit and supportive team of around 40 staff, with a focus on patient care, research and innovation.
At Complete Fertility Centre Southampton we currently perform over 500 cycles IVF/ICSI per year. In addition, each year, we perform over 2,000 diagnostic semen analyses, IUIs, sperm freezing and run a large donor bank which involves recruiting our own donors. We also have satellite clinics in Portsmouth and Bournemouth. With close links to the University of Southampton, we regularly participate in exciting large scale multicentre clinical trials.
Southampton is a city with a rich maritime history. Situated on the south coast of England, we are 1.5 hours by train to central London, with the New Forest, the ancient cities of Winchester and Salisbury and golden beaches of Bournemouth right on our doorstep. Local airports fly to destinations all over the UK and Europe – a perfect position to explore.
Full time: 37.5 hours per week, fixed term 12 months
Salary: In line with NHS pay scale band 6 or 7 (Commensurate with experience)
Location: Complete Fertility Centre Southampton, Princess Anne Hospital, SO16 5YA, UK , or
Complete Fertility Centre Portsmouth, Drayton Medical Centre, Portsmouth, PO6 1PA, or
Complete Fertility Centre Bournemouth, Strouden Park Surgery, Bournemouth, BH8 9NX
Closing date: October 25th 2019
For specific information and informal visits please contact email@example.com or Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02381 20 6980