27 March 2020
Stuck at home? Here are some tips to cope!
The effect that COVID 19 has had on our lives has been unprecedented. We've all been touched by it in some way or another, including those undergoing fertility treatment. However, there are some things that you can do to stay fit and healthy, both physically and mentally, if you are stuck at home.
- Keep a routine: This is really important to keep you on track. Get up at your usual time, shower and get dressed. It's important that you still feel like you during these times.
- If you're working from home, try to have a dedicated work space. It's vital to have boundaries as the line between work and down time can become muddled otherwise.
- Take regular breaks and get out for a walk if you can. Fresh air and stretching your legs is really good for your mental health and overall fitness.
- Chat to your friends and family, catch up with them and make sure they are keeping well. Having a giggle and a moan is all part of feeling normal.
- Eat well. This is essential, there are loads options for practical and healthy meals. Reducing your alcohol intake is also essential to keeping yourself in a healthy mind frame.
- Ask for help if you need it. That could be a partner or a friend/family member. If you are struggling, let someone know.
- Get a good night’s sleep, this is really important for preparing for the day ahead.
- Manage your media consumption. Getting the headlines and staying informed is important but having updates constantly can just cause unnecessary fear and anxiety.
Finally if you are considering fertility treatment or would like to speak with a member of our team, please get in touch - we're happy to provide advice and evaluate your situation.