We are delighted to offer our patients treatment with donor eggs with only a short wait.
Our egg donation programme can help women in the following situations:
• When women have undergone treatment for cancer, such as surgery, chemotherapy or radiotherapy, that often damages the eggs and ovaries so that no eggs are produced.
• Where there has been recurrent IVF failure due to poor quality eggs or embryos, or not responding to stimulation, or they have just not been able to fall pregnant.
• They may have been born with a congenital condition, which means that they have either absent or underdeveloped ovaries.
• Sadly some women under the age of 40 go through a premature menopause.
• Where there is a risk of passing genetic disorders to a child.
• Declining ovarian function due to age.
• Some women have tried and failed for many years to start a family, sometimes without a known cause of their infertility.
Egg recipients must be under 50 years of age and be willing to see our Counsellor to fully explore the implications before making a final decision.
The following options are available to egg recipients:
Exclusive donor (all eggs from an altruistic donor)
Treatment for women who would like exclusive use of all the eggs donated by an altruistic donor. We guarantee at least five eggs for treatment or we will offer compensation.
Recipient of shared eggs
Treatment with eggs donated by an altruistic donor whose eggs are shared between two anonymous recipients or treatment with eggs from a woman who needs IVF treatment herself and who donates half her eggs to an anonymous recipient.
Recipient of eggs from a known egg donor or partner
Treatment with eggs donated by a same sex partner or a friend or relative
An egg donor may be anonymous or known to you such as a family friend or relative. Ideally, an egg donor should be between the ages of 18 and 35 without any history of inheritable conditions. Full information about the eligibility criteria can be found here.
If you have an anonymous donor we will do our very best to provide you with a suitable donor that closely matches all of your requirements.
Initially our Donor Coordinator will give you a matching request form and we will submit your details from this form on to our waiting list. We ask you to consider physical characteristics including ethnic origin, height, build, skin tone, hair colour and eye colour. It is important you think about the physical characteristics of yourself and your family to ensure your child fits in well.
Our egg donation team will manage your matching process to provide you with a match that is closest to your requirements.
We have donor eggs with only a short wait for our patients who require IVF treatment with donor eggs.
For those recipients who do not have a known donor their egg donor will remain anonymous to them.
Please call us on 023 8120 8359 or email email@example.com. Our egg donation team will then be in touch to discuss the programme in more detail.
Our blog talks about egg donation at home or abroad: