Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Supporting the Laboratory Manager in the general running of the IVF and andrology laboratories
• Delivering a high-quality embryology service through clinical assessment, and the planning, undertaking and evaluation of embryology procedures
• Undertaking daily clinical embryology tasks in the IVF and andrology laboratories, including ICSI
• Assist the scientific and clinical staff in the provision of a comprehensive assisted conception service
• Analyse clinical information and undertake clinical assessments
• Provide strong leadership and high standard of training for junior members of staff
• Achieve and maintain consistently excellent results with respect to internal and external benchmarks, under the guidance and supervision of the Laboratory Manager
• Participate in the on call and weekend rota
The successful candidate must:
• Be experienced in all aspects of clinical embryology, including ICSI
• Hold a BSc or higher in a biological science or other relevant subject
• Hold ACE Certificate in Clinical Embryology or equivalent
• Be HCPC registered or eligible to apply
• Have thorough and up to date knowledge of scientific theory and best laboratory practice
• Awareness and understanding of current issues in assisted conception Full job description and person specification are available on request.
About Complete Fertility Centre
Originally established in 2010, Complete Fertility is the first UK addition to the worldwide family of Virtus Health fertility clinics. Virtus Health is a global leader in IVF and fertility treatment and Australia’s biggest provider of assisted reproductive services. Complete Fertility, together with Virtus Health, brings a world class team of fertility specialists, scientists, researchers and support staff to provide the very best in fertility care and related services to patients. At Complete Fertility Centre Southampton we currently perform over 450 cycles IVF/ICSI per year. In addition, each year, we perform over 2,000 diagnostic semen analyses, IUIs, sperm freezing and run a large donor bank which involves recruiting our own donors. With close links to the University of Southampton, we regularly participate in exciting large-scale multicentre research studies. We are a close-knit and supportive team of around 40 staff, with a focus on patient care, research and innovation.
Southampton is a city with a rich maritime history. Situated on the south coast of England, we are 1.5 hours by train to central London, with the New Forest, the ancient cities of Winchester and Salisbury and golden beaches of Bournemouth right on our doorstep. Local airports fly to destinations all over the UK and Europe – a perfect position to explore.
Full time: 37.5 hours per week, fixed term 12 months.
Salary: In line with NHS pay scale band 7 (Commensurate with experience)
Location: Complete Fertility Centre, Princess Anne Hospital, Southampton SO16 5YA, UK.
Closing date: October 25th 2019
To apply, or for more details, please send a CV and covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role to Charissa Watchorn at email@example.com